“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
Today has been a great Monday. I am currently experimenting with a Weekly Goals list as well as a daily To-Do list to help me achieve those 5 goals.
This Weeks Goals
- Record my first episode of The Mission For Mom Podcast.
- Create character bios for my three lead novel characters.
- Daily blog posts (xoxo).
- Finish the novels outline.
- Lose 2-3 lbs from my tummy.
- I ran for 3 miles and burned 411 calories on the treadmill.
- I can currently do about 3/4 of one chin up, multiple times throughout the day. HA!
- I did ab, arm and leg work-outs for an extra 30 minutes.
- I read a chapter of my current romance novel, The Light of Paris, by Eleanor Brown. I wasn’t super into it, but I give ALMOST every novel a 5 chapter test unless it’s really bad. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it. It’s important that I read books in my genre to keep my writing style fresh and up to date!
- I took my daughter to the pool and also on an hour long play date with a neighbor.
- I took a two hour nap in preparation for my night shift. 8 pm to 3 am. Oy!
Overall today was great as far as my family and fitness goals were concerned. I started the morning ready to write and realized I had to use that time to backup my computer and free up some space for my audio programs. I’m really disappointed I didn’t get a chance to finish any of the book, but I think tomorrow I’ll block off at least 3 hours to it.
On a very side note, I broke things off with the 24-year old. He was very sweet, but I don’t have time at all to date someone that isn’t spectacular. I barely have time to write my own To-Do Lists everyday. I can’t wait until I have the weekend to cuddle my girl and write late into the evening. This week I’m working Monday through Thursday. Then I get 3 days of vacation!
Tomorrow I will work on my book! I will spend QUALITY time with my girl!
I’ll let you know how that goes;)